Liver is so so so incredibly good for you and yummy in the tummy! Jazz up the everyday beef liver with some added colors, textures and extra flavor. Try marinating the beef liver with Coconut soy sauce, white vinegar and ground black pepper for half an hour before introducing to the heat.
- 1 Lb. Beef liver, skin removed and sliced 3/8 of an inch thick
- 3 Tbs Coconut Enzymes (healthy soy sauce)
- 1 Tbs White vinegar
- 2 Tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 6 Fresh Thai-peppers
- 2 Stalks celery chopped thin
- 1 Bunch of scallions, chopped
- 1 Small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 Tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 Tbs Ghee
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
Marinade: Place sliced beef liver in a bowl and add Coconut enzymes, vinegar and ground black pepper (try to use freshly ground) and let it marinate for half an hour.
Don’t forget to start your Jasmine Rice in the steamer.
- Pre-heat frying pan and add 2 Tbs of Ghee
- Fry beef liver, set aside, let it cool
- Slice cooked beef liver into small strips and set aside
- In a clean frying pan, add the remaining 2 Tbs Ghee and saute onions, celery, and ground black pepper over medium high heat for 5 minutes then, add sliced beef liver and stir for 2 minutes
- Next, add crushed red pepper flakes and Thai-peppers. Stir for 2 minutes
- Lastly add sesame oil and chopped scallions. Continuously stir for 1 more minute so scallions are lightly cooked, remove from the heat.
- Serve over white rice!